My fellow blog friends, I have a confession…
Remember these beautiful and tasty cupcakes that Mr. Right and I made Sunday night?
You know the ones… with the homemade chocolate-banana icing… that happen to taste better served cold from the refrigerator? Ahh yes, now you remember.
Well last night I may have hit a new low. Mr. Right was working late up at the church, and after taking care of about a dozen chores, working on my nephew’s quilt and doing three loads of laundry, I decided to end the night with a bubble bath and a magazine. Possibly one of the most delightful ways to end an evening.
To make it even better, I had one last chocolate-banana cupcake left in the fridge, and I decided to eat it as I ran my bath.
But then true tragedy struck. As I was walking back to my kitchen to grab a glass of water, eating my beloved cupcake and waiting for my water to fill the tub, I dropped my cupcake. Icing-side-down.
And what did I do? I picked it up, and before I could even see if it had collected any dust or unmentionables from my kitchen floor (which, in my defense, was mopped less than a week ago), I stuck it in my mouth. Kitchen floor germs and all.
After I ate it I felt a little guilty. But you know what? I’d do it all over again. The cupcake was worth it.