- Discovering a pair of designer Joe’s jeans in the back of your closet that your husband bought you for almost nothing at a thrift store while you were pregnant, and you had never gotten a chance to wear them… and they fit! (Cue the Hallelujah Chorus.)
- A date night with your husband while your parents babysit.
- An organized sewing studio.
- Finding something that helps with Baby Girl’s colic (not a cure but a big improvement… Mommy Bliss/Gripe Water).
- Listening to your daughter coo and seeing a big smile on her place when you play with her.
- Only waking up once a night to nurse. (Cue the Hallelujah Chorus.) Baby Girl now sleeps 6-7 hours at a time. Not because of any sleep training we did but simply by the grace of God who had mercy on this mama’s tired soul.
- Afternoon naps.
- A sleeping baby on your chest.
- Going back to church for the first time in two months.
- A king sized bed. (We got one! And it’s quite a story… stay tuned.)
- Being healthy enough to go back to the gym for the first time since before you were pregnant.
- Discovering some of your pre-pregnancy clothes fit again. Not many, but some. (See #11)
- Your husband bringing you flowers. Again.
- Being off work and being healthy enough to enjoy it.
- A book on tape.
- A husband who gets a real estate award for having so many closings in one month. Way to go Mr. Right! (and thank you Jesus for providing for our family)
- Having lot’s of family members who are willing to babysit.
- A hot cup of coffee in the morning.
- A bubble bath and a magazine.
- Curling up next to your husband and talking about how you can’t believe you’re actually parents.
Other places you can find Texas Lovely:
On Facebook: www.facebook.com/texaslovelyshop
On Instagram: texas_lovely
I can’t believe they trust us with a baby.