Have you ever wanted to bottle time? Make a moment last forever? Find the fountain of youth? Stop rushing through life? Put off that deadline just a little bit longer?
I have discovered the secret to making a moment seem like an eternity.
- Run on a treadmill for an hour.
- Go to the DMV or Social Security Office. Make sure your phone is dead.
- Have the stomach flu.
- Watch a John Wayne movie.
- Go to a classical concert with the lights off on a night when you are very, very tired.
- Go on a strict diet where you can’t eat any of the things you love.
- Get stuck in a traffic jam while you have to go to the bathroom.
- Have the guy you’re crushing on ask for your number… and then not call you for a week. (Ahem, Mr. Right did this to me, and it was the longest week of my life!)
- Go to Wal-Mart on a Saturday to just pick up *one thing* and wait in line at the check-out.
- Prep for a colonoscopy.
And finally, the very best way to make time stand absolutely still – be nine months pregnant.
Every week No, every day… becomes an eternity.
What about you? What other ways have you found to make time stand still?
PS–I’m 37 weeks and 4 days and it’s like I just woke up this morning suffering from TOBP (Tired of Being Pregnant). I totally get what other women mean. I’m thankful that I’m still sleeping pretty well, and most of the time I feel pretty good. Just ready to finally hold my baby girl in my arms… and honestly, to not be pregnant anymore. It’s like I can see the finish line, but it keeps moving. So… close…