2. Watch fireworks
3. Take a picnic
4. Go on a bike ride
5. Watch a sunset
6. Go to the lake
7. Eat a leisurely dinner on a restaurant patio (too darn hot)
8. Host our cousins for a visit (we went and visited them in OKC instead)
9. Go to Will’s mall (We didn’t make it there, but Will’s grad school is doing a cover story in their school newspaper about his evangelism efforts at this particular mall which has an international flair… I’m so proud of my man, and can’t wait to go with him there soon).
10. Ride the train to Dallas
14. Watch the newest Harry Potter
15. Lose 15 pounds – FAIL. I lost 4…
16. Eat at Cowboy Chow – just never made it over there… but this rolls over to our Fall Bucket List.
17. Cheer on the Rangers – twice… I’d post a picture but I was having a terrible hair day. Both times. I’m growing out my bangs… so this is a frequent occurrence.
18. Compete in a triathlon (Will) – I watched. And cheered. And drank coffee while my cute man swam in spandex shorts.
19. Date night on Trinity Trail (see #3)
20. Spontaneous ice cream date – there were spontaneous ice cream dates, spontaneous snow cone dates, and spontaneous fro-yo dates, which is why I failed at #15.
21. Use our crock pot – there’s a brisket somewhere under all those goodies… Mr. Right has been on a kick with the briskets. I don’t mind.
22. Eat Argentine food – My own personal chef (husband) made us homemade empanadas inspired by his summer living in Argentina. He used pizza dough… super easy. You should try it.
23. Eat Colombian food – This is rolling over to our Fall Bucket List
24. Eat Indian food
We completed 18 of 24 items… not bad for a crazy summer! We did much more than what this list covers… we took a trip to Florida, two trips to Oklahoma (Mr. Right made three), two trips to Midland, two weekends hosting an out-of-town guest, one week of house sitting… and we flipped and sold a house. I discovered spin class (and even – gasp – wore spandex), finished a quilt, sewed hundreds of yo-yo’s, went through ESL training, assured a dozen people that I am NOT pregnant, and had many fun dinners with friends. And only had two pedicures (look at me roughing it… I’m such a girl scout).
It was a very good summer indeed.
Ciao summer… bring on the fall and its tall boots, colorful scarves, fire logs and hot chocolate.