my weightthe baby’s weight in peach cobbler and chocolate cupcakes and chocolate pie.
- Caught up with loved ones on both sides of the family.
- Visited a dear friend in her brand-new house.
- Wore sundresses and flip-flops and LOVED it.
- Held hands with my man as we sang worship songs at church.
Chased some bad guys in my car.Err, I mean called 911 to report a suspicious vehicle, then hunted them down when they moved one street over and called again. (I watch Law & Order – I know how these things work.)
- Attended a birthday for a friend. Everybody there had little kids running around. It was like a glimpse into our future, and I kind of dug it.
- Took naps.
- Registered for baby gear while lying in bed. God bless the Internet.
- Baked and cooked and pretended to be domestic again.
- Watched my little toes swell up like Vienna sausages. (isn’t it too soon for that?!?)
- Found an old box of treasures from my childhood. Was highly entertained by third grade journal entries and my “Men of Mansfield High” calendar. I’m embarrassed – or proud – of how many of those boys I dated.
- Oh, and we named our baby girl.
Story behind the name to come later.